There was an error in this gadget

Friday, May 6, 2011

Poems by Chel (Mother's Day 2011)

"The "Son" always shines"   for Travis

Where have you gone?
Seems only yesterday you were holding my hand.
I watched as you rode the merry-go-round, smiling, not a care in the world.

From pre-school to college with the bat of an eye.
From child to man.

I still listen for your voice-your footsteps on the stairs.
I turn and look-it isn't you.
Just the vision of you in my mind.
Your music resonates from the corners of every room.
Filling my heart with the harmonies of life's greatest moments.

I remember......yes, I remember........
And I smile and think......could there be any greater joy?

You are everything I ever imagined.



"Cancer, Courage and Marching Band"   for Marcus


Why does life deal certain people a "bad hand"?
Some have to fold and others make lemonade. NO caffeine.......

Do you think it is the music?
The drive? Because they hear a different beat?

The metronome of life ticking them to move forward?
Continue on?
To repeat to the point of perfection?

Or is it the family?
The camaraderie?
The band?
A focus?
A will so strong that they are mentally and physically there, against all odds?

Perhaps it is all of that and courage, too.
A dream, a goal.

Whatever it is, know that you're my Hero......

Chel

2 comments:

  1. i don't want to presume as it would be embarrassing......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny comment considering you are Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete